I must first apologize to those whom only clicked on this post in hopes of seeing photos of some super cool fort I made. Sorry guys, I’ve been sick the past week or so and have only erected unimpressive, sad, sneezy sheet-forts in my bed (Delirious on Dayquil, party of one?).
I thought it was about time I got some waffle-enthusiasts in on the blogging fun.
Here I have featured some anonymous mini-guest-bloggers whom I have asked to answer the SoulPancake query on pg.180…
List Five Things You Can Learn From a Five Year Old:
(Click picture to see larger)
My favorites in the bunch?
“Speak your mind”
“mac and cheese is delicious”
“A good fake cry can sometimes be quite useful”
“If you love someone, TELL THEM”
“How to get rid of cooties”
“Don’t sweat the small stuff”
“The value of naptime”
“If you want to sing out, sing out”
What can YOU learn from a 5 year old?
Comment with your answers!
This exercise made me think of an article
I read head a few months back about what
children think about LOVE. Check it out,
its a guaranteed smile.
Surprise (or not), the book I read from cover to cover without stopping is SoulPancake.
When I first got it I went through every page in just one sitting, and two cups of coffee later I finished it. I really wish I had a more mind-blowing answer for you, my apologies.
I’m actually much more interested in what books you have read from cover to cover.
Comment with your answers!
“Have you really lived if you haven’t faced a full spectrum of experience?”
On the final page of SoulPancake there is a list of 52 ways to live a little more.
Listed are 52 tasks, one for each week of the year (guess I missed that New Year’s resolution opportunity, huh?). I will list half on this post, and half on a later post, and relay my experiences to you.
Please play along and comment, hopefully we can finish the entire list collectively.
I’m trying to make Andy Dufrense and Mr.Keating proud by getting busy living and Carpe Diem-ing (see what I did there? That’s a ‘call back’).
So here are the first half…
- Get Punched.
- Tell a friend a truth they don’t want to hear (this may help you achieve the first item on the list).
- Burn a book you hated.
- Eat something that challenges your gag reflexes.
- Jump on a bus without knowing the end destination.
- Grow something.
Walk barefoot all day.
- Hit something hard enough to break it.
- Stand on the edge of a rooftop.
Stay up all night.
- Don’t get out of bed for an entire day.
Read a book cover to cover without stopping.
Feed yourself for a week with only 7 dollars
- Cleanse your hands in soil.
- Take a nap on a park bench.
- Stand in the pouring rain. Get Drenched.
Spend a day with the oldest person you know.
- Go to the concert to a band you’ve never heard of.
- Don’t use utensils to eat all day.
- Shower in the dark.
- Take your neighbor a cup of coffee.
- Climb a tree.
- Feed a stray dog or cat.
- Double tip your server.
- Read a book that makes your brain hurt.
- Give a stranger a sincere compliment.
- Skip, don’t walk.