Ancient philosopher Democritus once said, “Happiness resides not in possessions and not in gold, the feeling of happiness dwells in the soul.”
I’m feeling that.
The SoulPancake Challenge:
Visualize your soul for a moment.
Now scribble, sketch, or rip up those old magazines you have lying around and create your take on what your soul “looks” like (pg.17).
When doing my Soul(pseudo)Scribble I went through a few old issues of Glamour, some J.Crew catalogs, and other publications I found lying around. I made sure I went into this without a particular target in mind, I just grabbed what was appealing to me, what caught my eye, or dare I say my soul? I ended up learning the following tidbits about myself…
1. I like food, a lot. I didn’t have one food magazine and I still found a way to gravitate towards it.
2. I may have already chosen my wedding dress (bottom right). Yeah, I don’t have a significant other, sue me.
3. I like boys in v-neck sweaters, clean hair cuts, and strong jaw lines. And if they clean up nice in a suit? Even better (Swoon. Double Swoon.).
Do you know any? Hook me up, I’d love to make #2 a reality…just sayin’.
4. I love sunglasses. Half of the pictures I had clipped of them didn’t make it on here. I blame Grams.
5. I also think everyone looks more intelligent in spectacles.
The Waffle Maker sans spectacles = nothing going on up there
The Waffle Maker in her blogger goggles = radiating brilliance
And there it is: Self-discovery a’la collaging.
Now it’s your turn to scribble, or scrap together, what YOUR soul looks like. Comment with your work or e-mail them to me at KarmaWaffle1@gmail.com and I will post them for you. Enjoy!