rit·u·al [rich-oo-uhl] –noun
1. any practice or pattern of behavior regularly performed in a set manner, religious or otherwise
2. a prescribed codes of behavior regulating social conduct, as exemplified by the raising of one’s hat or the shaking of hands in greeting.
3. Psychiatry. a specific act, as hand-washing, performed repetitively to a pathological degree, occurring as a common symptom of obsessive-compulsive neurosis.
(courtesy of: http://www.soulpancake.com/post/1215/whats-your-weird.html)
SoulPancake asks us…
List 3 of your rituals that set you apart from the rest.
When I saw this question I thought back to an old Sex and The City episode, where Carrie realizes she has certain rituals she feels uncomfortable performing in front of her boyfriend who had recently moved in. She dubs these, “secret single behaviors,” and investigates. Listen to what she finds…
Moral: It’s weird, but it feels great!
After some thought these are some of my ritual behaviors:
1. Whenever I go into a bathroom I always lock the door.
1b. If that bathroom has a shower, I always look behind the curtain.
2. I only eat food at their proper temperatures: Cold pizza? Warm milk? I’ll pass.
3. I paint my nails constantly, and as soon as there is a chip I have to chip off all the polish on that nail, and then all the polish on that hand.
I showed you my “weird,” now show me yours…
What are your rituals?
Yours in waffles,